This year’s theme for National School Breakfast Week, March 2-6, 2020, is “Out of This World” to encourage families to choose breakfast at school. Busy weekday mornings make it a challenge for many families to find time for a healthy breakfast. However, USDA data show that more and more students are starting their day with a nutritious breakfast in their school. The USDA School Breakfast Program currently serves more than 14 million students every day. Studies show that students who eat school breakfast are more likely to:
- Reach higher levels of achievement in reading and math
- Score higher on standardized tests
- Have better concentration and memory
- Be more alert
- Maintain a healthy weight
School nutrition professionals and students will be encouraged to show their enthusiasm for school breakfast from March 2-6 as schools nationwide celebrate with special menus, cafeteria events, and more. The School Nutrition Association (SNA) offers numerous resources on their website, including toolkits and handouts, PowerPoint presentations, activity sheets, and marketing and PR materials.
I’d like to remind you that our extensive line of Breakfast BREAKS are the perfect breakfast: whether in the cafeteria, through a kiosk or in the classroom! E S Foods is the leader in grab-n-go school breakfast and now offers more than 20 varieties of Breakfast BREAKS, most of which are shelf-stable.
Breakfast BREAKS Product Highlights:
- Largest variety of cereals (many reduced sugar, all whole grain)
- Top most popular kids’ cereals
- Convenient, nutritious and portion controlled
- New eye-popping packaging appeals to student of all ages
- No Mess, No Fuss – package easily converts to placemat & there’s a trash bag in every case
- Field tests across the country show – kids love Breakfast BREAKS!
So if Breakfast BREAKS aren’t on your menu yet, why wait? Roll them out during National School Breakfast Week!